Thursday, June 23, 2005

Argh... Bad day.

Firstly, I lost the auction for the CD I pinned for - Apparently a dozen bids occurred when I was sleeping, and it ended one hour before I woke up.

Secondly, I had a weird dream when I napped in the afternoon(I'd just woke up, due to the nightmare).

It started as a festival or something, perhaps New Year, and everybody was revelling in the holiday gaieties. I was reminded by a friend that I should send my SMS of blessing(that apparently will appear in the sky for all to see) along with all the others.

I felt kinda... Well-loved, like I had many friends. Mel's 3rd aunt kept hugging me before I realised it was actually Mel.

Then 2 man gave my mum a box of stuff each, because she gave a list(mine, it was sorta a to-get list, for my own) and asked a man to get them so she do him a favour/forgive him. I know the list was mine because somehow, hp straps was the last item on my list.

Another man overheard and he went to get the things too. He got the better version; The first man got the cheaper and discounted version.

I heard commotions in an alley nearby, and I recognised the voice of my mother's consort, whom I always call uncle.

I heard him telling someone that I wasn't my mum's daughter. I went over angrily and saw that he killed a monster/demon which looked like a scarecrow, right after he told him that.

I wasn't afraid of the demon corpse. I had demons/monsters around me when I was walking down the stairs in the earlier part of my dream, and I didn't panic, or whatsoever.

I spat in uncle's face that I am my mum's daughter, and told him not to accuse me. I then turned on my heels and walked back to my mother. (Weird thing is, I don't hate him in real life; I kinda like him.)

I then took some nice looking diamond accessories and items I liked, and kept them in my small purse when my mum told me I'll lose them again anyway. I then told her she has another set.

Next scene zapped to my primary school's canteen (Yes, I dream of scenes happening in my Pri. Sch's canteen alot too, don't know why. The school was scrapped and conbined with Ang Mo Kio Pri. Sch years ago.) and my mum was sort of languid, so I went to buy her a cup of drink.

I bumped into my Cousin, Ah Yun jie-jie, who can be considered as my sister, because her parents, my Da Jiu and Da Jiu Mu, "guo qi", er, made her my mum's daughter in name for a few years because my mum's "8 characters"(Ba Zi) was strong and able to "hold down" my cousin's "8 characters"(maybe still now? I'm not sure. Funny Chinese traditions) so she's technically my sister.

So anyway, I bumped into her, and she went over to accompany my mum and I to talk awhile. Jasmine(my niece) magically popped up in that scene, taking over my mum.

Ah Yun jie-jie is a very sweet person, in real life and in the dreams, and she gave me a feeling that she was having troubles in something but I'm not sure what is it. She was pretty resolute to overcome the problem, and had a sanguine complexion, so we didn't worry that much.

I took a photo of her closing her eyes and smiling in determination, on my digi-cam.

The next day, Jasmine and Eileen(also my niece but she is the same age as me) were flipping thru the magazines.

We were worrying about someone(the memory of the someone is blurred... I can't remember. But I know we were worrying about her because she was a no-show for a day) and I was playing with my, well, megaphone (hehe) and thinking about the missing person.

Jasmine went rigid with tension as she flipped to a story, and shrouds of anxiety hit us.

First, we saw a picture of 3 teenage Malay boys with a different megaphone, stumbling for their balance, their countenance defiant.

Our hearts beat fast as she flipped to the next page with quivering fingers... And we saw my cousin(Ah Yun jiejie) dead, in a bathtub that had some water in it, and a megaphone indentical to the 1 the Malay boys held, dented into the bathtub beside her head.

We screamed in agony and shock, and some of my voice was emphasized thru the megaphone. I had a weird feeling James Marsters was there behind me, as my consort, as I heard his voice screaming with us.

It was then, that I finally woke up in fear.

I hope it's just a nonsensical dream... Apparently, that wasn't the first time I dreamt of someone dying. Heck, I've even dreamt of my ex, Leo, dead before, and nothing's wrong with him. Yes YOU, SyraLeo. Lol.

Weird, huh? Like I said in my May 7th entry, I like to dream. I like them when they are vivacious and funny, and I'm actually quite proud that I often manage to remember my dreams in details.

Albert Einstein needs a notepad and pen by his bedside to remember his dreams, but me? No no. *Taps head to emphasize*

Thing is, my dreams are sometimes deeply distressing; Deaths, quarrels, ghosts. This was one that frightened me.

Any professional care to analyse my dream for me? Sigh.



Be not afraid; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again.

- (Caliban, The Tempest Act III, Scene ii), William Shakespeare

No comments: