Saturday, May 14, 2005

Well.. Sorry

The apology stated in the title is for the approximate 100+ f word repeated in my previous entry.


Just wanted to let off some steam, since there was nothing in front of me then that was smashable, or at least not having to account for. Well yea, I have a bloody bad temper, but what's new? ^^"


Thinking about it, it was Friday the 13th yesterday, maybe she thought it was all fun and nice to piss my royal ass off.

Never mind, never mind. *takes a deep breath and counts to 10* Moving on, I feel so weird nowadays. There's no doubt I hated work at LTA. Didn't need or mind an auntie who spent 20+ years in LTA earning a salary some people who might be able to get within the first couple o' years, but minded how she had totally no basic human respect for me whatsoever, when I gave her all due respect. Bothers me to even think about what she said.

Still, when being laid back and slacking was the way to go in my life before, it all feels... wrong. It is wrong, but it never felt weird till now, yea? Guess I'm really growing up. Getting old. Brr.

No, I haven't went all change-y and turned into a whole new person. Still basically how my friends remembered me. I'm still feeling lazy and lethargic about having to scout for a job soon, but not all together scared at the concept, if you get what I mean.

Oh, here's something I snatched over from my friend's blog, aka Leo.

"A University of Birmingham team found that drugs such as Ecstasy, weight-loss pills, and anti-depressants like Prozac have the potential to stop cancer cell growth. The team found that the drugs were effective at blocking cancer growth in more than half of lymphoma (white blood cell cancer) samples tested. The study could lead to new cancer therapies.Cancer growth was slowed down in 9 out of the 17 samples when they were exposed to anti-depressants, and in 11 out of 17 when exposed to one or both of the amphetamine derivatives. The research was supported by the Leukaemia Research Fund.

Well.. what are you doing , sitting there reading this? GO OUT AND GET HIGH!"

Lmao. My sentiments exactly.

Right now I'm busying myself reading at least 10,000 words daily, whether off the Net or from my books. 'Am reading Crippen - A Novel of Murder by John Boyne at the moment, and 6 other books in my possession, waiting... Calling out for me lol. I can stay up till 5am in the morning just to read. It was my Mum's doing that I didn't read much when I was younger; she felt that reading anything else other than school books were wrong. Now I'm like, making up for lost time? Lmao~

I'll feel all tingling and weird if I don't read everyday. I've been bringing along a book wherever I go nowadays, whether for meals outside, shopping, KTV sessions or clubbing sessions with friends, you name it. A friend, Steven, friend of Vincent's mostly, haven't seen me without a book for all the times we have went out together.

Escapist, much? Maybe that's what I really am. Getting indulged in my own private world or fantasy and dull out what's there in reality.

You guys, specifically the people who haven't seen me in a while, prolly think I'm bluffing. Comic books, more likely. But nah. Always liked reading. Just didn't like reading back in Sec. Sch days for the sake of writing up book reports lol.

Subtlely speaking, in case you're wondering, no, I leave all the 'fanciful' English to my writings, and not blogging or normal conversations. I am also not prepared to share my self-written fiction out yet, since I'd barely cracked at it, being busy recently and all. Might put it up on the Net somewhere in the next half of the year. Just don't expect much; =P I go more for content. Might be rather good in languages but not an elitist.

So anywayy, life's still good for me now, letting me read all I want, while waiting for the day op. on 20th. Still kinda worried tho... What if I freakin' feel the pain?! I was considering complete anesthesia, aka blacking out, but I hesitated at the cost and feeling nauseous part. Oh well. Wish me luck! Or wish me well, whatever *nonchalant shrug*

Alright, back to my reading now. Ta~

P.S: Oh yea, dig my latest thing for poems or Shakespearean quotes. A poem/quote per entry. Enjoy!

"And I am sometimes proud and sometimes meek,

And sometimes I remember days of old

When fellowship seem'd not so far to seek,

And all the world and I seem'd much less cold,

And at the rainbow's foot lay surely gold,

And hope felt strong, and life itself not weak."

-Christina Rossetti

No comments: