Friday, May 20, 2005

OUCH...

Heya, I'm back from the dreaded operation. My head is wrapped in a turban thingy (those bandages they do that makes you look like a head trauma victim) and my left ear hurts like hell.

Truth to be told, I totally panicked in the operating theatre. As I laid on the chair, it all reminds me too vividly of my primary school dental visits and when they started easing me into the operation and putting the green cloth over my face, I had a panic attack. I practically sobbed thru-out the 30mins ordeal. Weak Jen, BAD~

I'd grabbed the comforter on me 'till my knuckles went white, and when the doctor injected the anesthetic into my ear, I whined. =_= The following poking around hurt a lil, but before I knew it, he'd started cutting at my ear and I didn't feel a thing.

The whole process thereafter was rather okay, but I can hear the knife cutting at my keloid (or however it's spelt) and the squishiness was totally gross. 15mins later, I heard the ending soft"phlat" of the removal and I knew it was over. They let me take home the keloid as a victory token. Totally awesome. Lol.

I actually look quite cool in the bandage. It's like wearing a less fanciful headband but it's a lil too tight for comfort. I still have to go back to TTS tomorrow for a followup, so I guess the bandage goes off then. Don't have a digicam or camera phone with me ATM, so too bad! It would have been nice to take a photo of remembrance. Oh well~

Once I get hold of one tho, I'll prolly take a photo of the scar tissue bit and upload it here. It looks a lil like a miniature kidney-shaped piece of flesh, so it really isn't that gross. I took a poke at it, and it felt like those raw frozen meat in supermarkets. LOL!

Oh no... Wait. Sudden realisation just hit me. I think I have to take another injection tomorrow, the one they said I have to take monthly to help prevent scar tissue from growing out again. OMFG NOOO!!! It hurts like HELLLL! >_> Shiver me timbles!

Hmm, time to rest now I guess. I know they gave me pretty strong paracetamol, but it doesn't help much to ease the pain. 30mins max, and then the pain returns again.

AH! Got myself a camera now. Gonna take some photos and upload it in a while's time. Wee!

No comments: