Monday, December 05, 2005

Please don't treat me like a child.

I may have been lost for a while; I may stumble here and there in my path towards full-blown adulthood, but I'm already on my way.

Please do not stand in my path by treating me like the child I am not anymore.


I don't want your condescending tones,
Nor do I need your needless reprimands.


Will my respect be ever reciprocated?
Will I ever gain your trust?


In the tenebrous sky, moon's hanging low.
I can hear the trees' sempiternal murmurs--
Their moans mixing with my whimpers.

The cold, ruthless wind rumpled my raven tress.
Swirling maelstrom in my eyes,
Lassitude evident.


Have you noticed that about me,
Or do you feel nothing but schadenfreude,
for the onus I've became?


The broken old soul in me buzzes
With discontentment;

For I am now but a lambent shadow of myself.

Still, an ingenue lies
Deep inside me.
Relentlessly looking for that anodyne to

Sooth my resentful aberrant mind.

My joys evanescent,
I long for a day where
I can spread my unfledged wings, and
Dance under the moonlight,


Effulgent.



(Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World.)

The poem's "fresh out of the oven" for 5 minutes; I have yet to name it. I'm an amateur, hence the lousy paragraphing and the weird mixture of styles.

Honest comments will be very appreciated.

No comments: