Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ramblings, and then some again.

Yesterday was one of the few rare nights that I ventured into Clarke Quay alone, without knowing which of my friends might be there.

I'd only arranged to meet up with Dawg, but knowing that he'll be performing and such, I was fully prepared to be a lone ranger and leave within an hour of being in CQ.

Surprisingly, I've had the most fun I've had recently. I was with lovely friends who were wonderful company (Damien, Salman and Katherine), and I still manage to catch Ivory and Dawg perform in Arena.

I even had fun chatting with Dawg and his friend while smoking outside, before I went back in and Rukesh invited me to join him and his guests from SPH, and the singer from Bellini Grande. Total cutie by the way.

It was good. I wasn't sloshed, but had enough to just enjoy myself. And I did. For once, I was the centre of attention, and not a sidekick to the girlfriend of the guy who we're following around recently.

I chose where I wanna go, what I wanna do. And while I know that this probably won't happen again(having good company to party with all night long, and men falling all over your feet), it made me feel ALOT better after the crappy Friday I've had.

Also, I couldn't deny myself a lil smug satisfaction. I bumped into Leandra and her friend in Arena again, and we were on the dancefloor watching King I.'s set. They were drooling over him and muttered something about, "I would like an order of THAT!"

I smirked while they prattled on, and was on the verge of saying, "Sorry ladies, this HOT, fine specimen of a man is going back with ME tonight!
"


Fortunately, I managed to bite my tongue.


3 weeks in a row. In point of fact, I now know more about King I. than I know D. I know bits about where King I. used to school at, bits of his family, bits of his work before he came to Asia, and what are his dreams and aspirations.


And what do I know of D? - What he's doing recently, who he used to play for, and how he was like in school. Yet D is the one who sets butterflies free in my stomach and ties my intestines up in knots whenever we chat.

ARGH. Dead ends on both Path A and Path B. I think I ought to scrape those two paths and procure my own walkway.

No comments: