Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wow.

DON'T ask me why I'm up so early when I slept so late last night.

Anyway, I posted my resume on Friendsters' Classified a couple of days ago, and lo and behold! It's better than the Straits Time or other online jobs directories!

I have at least 7 emails so far, but of course, with Friendster, you have to expect some of the emails to look like this:

hi,

my name is frankie.
i saw your advertisement on friendster.
i run several business so you are keen on the freelance sales job.

ok. i have a printing company. at current we are outsourcing the sales job
to others.
the job scope is to do sales for our printing company.

if you are interested, email me.

ur pic on friendster is nice n sexy. are u attached? :)


And there I was, happily reading another potential job, until I reached the last sentence.

Crap.

It's either that kind, or this:


Date:
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:48:00 PM
Subject:
hi
Message:
can u just leave ur contact so i can arrange a interview session with u



No job details, no nothing. Replied and asked for his company info and I got nada reply.

It's either those who's sincerely offering you a job but wants to know you at the same time, or those who just want your number under the pretext of offering you a job. Pah.

Anyhoo, I got a call, from probably some woman from an agency who's recruiting for town area's customer service officer!

Well you know, those who sit there at the information counter like a doll most of the time? Heh. It's a 6 days work week, but a shift work of either 9am-3pm, or 3pm-9pm.

Seems pretty cool. The lady is sending out my resume, and I might have to go down to, bleah, Jurong for an interview later. So far... But I'm pretty psyched!

No comments: