Friday, September 23, 2005

Aye, what the hell.

Read on the newspaper like, yesterday or a couple of days ago, that the government is considering to ban smoking throughout the island in 10 years' time.

Said that with smokers as a minority, the government should not be facing much opposition regarding that idea.

PAH!

Load of bull. Their tabulations are just the "official smokers". I don't see how they will be able to get an accurate calculation of smokers in Singapore anyway.

I guess when I'm 30 and invite my friends and business associates from overseas, this sign will be imprinted in their minds:


No profitable cigarette taxes which they already are having fun imposing, lesser tourists willing to visit because they smoke like chimneys.


I guess Malaysia will be laughing in one corner and profiting on the mistake that the Singapore government was dumb enough to make.



We'll be visiting Malaysia on weekends to puff up on their cheap cigarettes, and have our meals and shopping expeditions in the mean time.

First they banned chewing gums, now they're thinking of banning cigarettes. What's next, banning tissues because people always throw them on the floor after use?

If our government really ban it in 10 years' time, then...

Singapore,


Oops, will I get fined? In this case, "Singapore" is actually the name of my friend, Ah Kou's dog. =)

No comments: