Monday, November 15, 2004

Uneventful day actually...

Yep, as the topic says, nothing very interesting happened. Played mahjong with Mel's ah ma, second aunt and their friend. I was winning in the beginning, but as time past I got real hot (b/c they didn't want to turn the fan on) and I got more and more impatient.

I lost $70+ sia... To all 3 'kars'. I was like thinking, 'there goes the money for my HP bill' but ah ma and 2nd aunt was nice to give me $20 back each b/c they wanted to win their friend's money, not an 'insider's' money. Hehe ^^"

Anyway, I NEED HELP!!! Boo hoo. My stupid bf went to cancel a BitTorrent dl I had just re-started; it was still checking its existing file and he closed it without asking me. Grr. Needless to say he was beaten up by me till he said he won't touch it without my permission again MUAHAHA~ But the thing is, when I tried to dl it again, it kept giving me the 'openurl error, operation timed out' msg. Does that mean my dl/file got corrupted?! >_> I took quite a few days getting it to 20% you know =\. Idk if I should delete the file and re-dl... It'll kill me if I realise the problem can be solved. So anyone who reads this and know how to solve it, please leave a msg on my tagboard. Thanks!

Anyway, had been with Mum for the past 2 days @ hm b/c she's going to the hospital to operate on her knees on Wed. It's not life-threatening; its the old people's disease whereby they lose all the calcium in the kneebones... Mum needs some metal support thingy to be put in there. Thing is, nobody is really helping her with the medical fees... The cost for 1 knee cost about $10,000+... around 12k I think... She's only managed to borrow $18,000 from the insurance company so she only can operate on 1 knee tho' she had laid off the operation till now so that she can have enough time off to operate on both. Looking at how it is, she doesn't have enough money... My stupid brother, or rather, my stupid sis-in-law with my W.H.I.P.P.E.D bro refused to help her out in the medical fees... Said that they don't have money. And look at who buys LV slippers for $700+ when it looks like any ah pek slippers from far.

They didn't even want to let my mum use their medishield/medisave. Said they have too lil in it, blah blah blah. Asked my brother-in-law to use his instead. I mean, seriously, my bro-in-law, or rather, my ex bro-in-law wasn't the best kind of man to my mum. He'd borrowed tens of thousands from my mum when he was still married to my sis, before he had an affair a few yrs after. Even now my ex bro-in-law treats my mum and sister very nicely, I don't see how my bro, as our mum's own flesh and blood, could do this to her. Nobody else in our family could help beside him. My sis declared bankrupt a year ago and she's been trying to make ends meet. Still she gives every spare money she has to my mum. Even tho I'm not working (I'm not that far better as my bro I know... sigh) but I always try not to take my pocket money from my mum. My sis, nieces and mum have been so awesome to me.. It sucks to see our situation like that :(

Jasmine's (my youngest niece, 16) god-bro (son of her god-mother) passed away in his sleep a few days ago. It's so awful... I heard he's only 26. Jasmine must have been devastated... That reminds me.. I should sms her and send my condolenses.

Sigh.. I guess this isn't really an uneventful day. It's just.. so sad to think about all the stuff that had happened. I'm so disappointed in myself that I couldn't help, and I wasn't even there to help in w/e I could...

No comments: