Thursday, August 18, 2005

Naval Base Sec. Sch, 4E1, Class of 2001.

First off, I wanna say this: I missed ya guys, class of 2001!!! Namely, I miss the following people more:

Jennifer - (also known as xiao Jennifer because of her petite size even tho she's older.) Yes Jennifer, I missed ya. I missed the times we hang out at your house or at Jurong, and the times we used to hang out together when you 1st retained to my class year until the other girls grabbed you away *grins* We were kinda like the Ah Lians in the top class *grins wider* The 2 Jennifers. Rofl!

Zi Hui, Shu Ting, Qiu Ling and Hui Ru - You girls were great! Even tho I hung out with the other group most of the time, you girls were friendly and willing to accept me into your group when I quarrelled with Ling Yan. I was so touched. Qiu Ling was friendly, Zi Hui was understanding, Shu Ting was cute and Hui Ru was quiet but my friend since Pri. Sch. Love you girls =)

Ling Yan - What can I say? You are my best friend. You still are, even tho we've lost contact recently. Got to know the rest of the group from you and I never regretted it. You are the only friend I ever quarrelled with, and that speaks volume. You cry with me when I'm deeply upset and often sleeps over to accompany me. We hung out constantly and were so close together.

Lin Mo - My pesky and towering China classmate from hell; He was my "mama" and Wei Sheng my "papa". Lol. We were always competitive in Chinese class because I was the top student in class before he came along, and the only subject I truly win him in was English. He's a genius. We love to torture each other with words back when we sat beside each other. He even let me copy homework from him! Lol~

My "Pillars": When my schoolwork started to deteriorate, I was ordered to sit in the front left corner of the classroom instead of my original backrow, corner seat beside the window.(*grins wildly* Best seat, I know.) I had 3 pillars around me and I wasn't sure if it was intentional. Lim Li Ping, Sec 1 Top Student sat beside me. Seow Hua Ming, Sec 2 Top Student, sat behind her. Chen Wei Sheng, Sec 3 Top Student sat behind me. LOL! Li Ping was actually a very quiet and demure girl who never looked down at me(cos hello, top class. There will always be snobs) because I was the odd one out who loves more fun than studying. We were often caught chitter-chatting and Miss Ng will blame me. She is also the only pillar that lets me copy homework sometimes. LOL! I simply adored her and Zhi Yang who was another one didn't judge me and was freakingly smart too. Both were my classmates since Sec 1. I loved my pillars. They are really cool, smart people.

I was bouncing on the bed listening to my songs when I decided to flip thru my secondary school project photo album for English class.

Looked at the class photos through out the years and I couldn't help grinning. In Sec 1-2, my main group of friends were Mandy, Kasthuri, and Kaithri. Surprisingly, we stood near each other in the photos because of the closeness of height. In Sec 3 and 4, I was best mates with Ling Yan, and within the class itself, I hung out with Yiwen, Qiu Ling, Zi Hui and Shu Ting. By coincidence, we would always stand beside each other without doing it purposely.

I used to hang out with Si Nee, Yi Wen, Li Ting and Ling Yan during recess time and when school finishes we would go to Sun Plaza/North Point frequently(we were practically joined at the hips and almost close enough to be called sisters), but I mixed more with guys in NPCC and when I'm out. Funny huh?

The memories I'd accumulated thru-out the 4 years are indelible. So much have changed.

I wish I remained the same size as I was 12-13 years old. Simply perfect. Tons of memories flew through my mind when I flipped through the photographs, and I realised why I wasn't that popular.

I was too affable and friendly that some people think I'm flirty when I simply wanted more friends; My chest had been the centre of topic in the 4 years and I was known to the Upper Sec. students by the time I got to Sec 2. The more garrulous girls gave me nicknames like "BBW"(Big breast woman *rolls eyes*), which was rumoured to be started my Sec 1-2 classmate, B**Yi. *Shrugs*

Well I mean, we were all around 14 years old and name-calling was in the "rage". My best friend in lower sec, Kaithri was called Wild Boar, so I usually turn a blind eye and got used to it. Until the guy I crushed on for 2 years, Zhi Qi, called me the name, that is.

But hey! At least I got him to flirt with me during Sec 2 even tho I fell down splat in front of him and Weilong etc in Sec 1.

I wish I could go back in time and change things. I mean, hello, I may be defiant and lazy at times, but I don't come by as a prefect and stay in the top class for nothing! Some of my guy classmates/NPCC squadmates look upon me as a bimbo just because I have bigger breasts than the other girls.

I wish I wasn't so friendly and such a pushover when it comes to friendship. I mean, some thought of me as an Ah Lian, which I guess I was, since I always mixed with my guy friends and I never stood down to threats. I shouldn't have bothered about the insincere people.

I only had 1 "problem" occuring in school tho. Naval Base is, or rather was, well-known for the "Ah Lians and Ah Bengs" so beside the geeks and nerds, most of the students were bullied or got "jio-meng" before. I thought I was going to graduate unscathed by apparently, not.

The Sec 5 basketball girls back then were notorious because they were doted on by Mr Chew and Miss Tay, who were the DMs. We were graduating and slacking in class with no teachers around. I had an issue with one of their friends so some of the girls came into class and asked me to talk in the canteen.

Gracinia, also a bballer but my classmate of 4 years, was there, and she sat with me and the girls and she told me to ignore them while we ate. Man, I still kinda remember what happened and it was hilarious. I will be lying if I say I wasn't nervous, but I almost burst out laughing when the girl threatened to slam the table at me or something.

Hello, school canteen? Principal/HOD office 30seconds walk away? Besides, another thing was in the rage - God brothers/sisters. I swear, I had umm, 4 younger god-sis, 3 younger god-bros, and 1 elder god-bro back then. Only 3 was approached by me and the others came to be asking to be their god-sis.

The only elder one happened to be the "zhong", um, head school bully? Lol *laughs out terribly loud* A prefect, mixing with the Normal Tech Ah bengs.. *Shrugs*

When our DM came to chase us away, I just told the girl, "Anything just talk to Bui Zheng, he will settle for me." I should have sprouted that 30mins ago and it would save me the trouble. They left me alone after that.

Only that Fanny girl whom I got into a quarrel with still stared at me with her eyes bugged out of her sockets(trying to intimidate me with her stare, I believe) and crossing her arms on her uber thin frame. Hilarious, I tell you, absolutely bleeding hilarious.

I simply didn't get it back then. Siang Nguan will look at me sometimes with an air of indifference like we aren't classmates of 4 years, Marie will blow hot and cold on me; chatting and taking neoprints 1 moment, shooting insults in my face the next time. I won't forget the Sec 3 School Camp where she and her friends went around stealing girls' bras but returning them later. Mine never got returned.

I think the Sports Day of '99 when Grace and Weiling came to me and ask me to be their god-sis when Marie wanted Weiling to be her god-sis but got rejected, spurred her hostility to me.

There was also the other time some of us were at the arcade in Yishun 10 and a guy came up to me wanting to know me. I didn't hear what he was saying and I shake my head in instinct response. He then changed his target to Marie. I don't remember how I got his number in the end, but Marie was screaming cold murder at me for snatching the guy from him. Tee hee hee! Cute.

So many things happened in my secondary school life, I can spend a whole day typing up the memorable events. What I mentioned above may sound childish and of no importance to most of you, but they bring more than a chuckle to me.

No comments: