Friday, August 19, 2005

Land of the Dead.

Went to watch Land of the Dead earlier on at PS with Alan and Zhi Hao.

We were psyched to watch some gross action and maybe get a good scare. I mean, hello? I've not watched a single horror movie in 3 years(all thanks to Mel, chicken guts!) and I thought maybe this time I'll be pampered into a good scare, to keep the andrenaline pumping, y'no?

But nah, just a little gross. I jumped a little at the beginning of the movie, not knowing what to expect, but I got used to it soon.

Basically the movie runs down to this - Somehow, there are walkers all over the world, some rich git fenced up a city and sold apartments in a fancyass building right smack in the middle of the city, to make himself soddin richer.

Bunch of guys, some are "renegades", some work for the rich fag, most just want to get a rush for killing the zombies and ridding the world off them. Therefore, *Grr* *Arrghh* *Munch* *Slurp* *Roar* *Bullets and missiles flying everywhere*

Fight fight fight, then one of the "cleaners" simply wanted to get an apartment in the building, got refused, betrayed, decided to blow the building up with the bloody ponce's 2million dollars truck.

Zombies got smarter, used guns and weapons, and swam towards the fenced off city to kill and feed, blah blah blah, feed feed feed, chomp chomp chomp, intestines here, livers there, rich wanker died and hero saves the day, yadda yadda.

May I insert an important word into my review here - Anticlimax.

Gross factor out of 10 = maybe 7? Fades to 5.5/6 after you get used to it. Scary factor = 4. And I'm being really kind already.

If you're a horror movie regular, don't bother watching it unless you're desperate for your fix. I mean, hello, I got so bored that I eventually munched into my popcorn feverishly when I saw the zombies eating the humans, imagining that I was eating human flesh too. Lol~

Still, it could be because of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where I watched demons and monsters feed off humans etc and got used to the whole feeding factor.

The only 2 parts that grossed me out was - 1) the zombie whose head was dangling by just a few nerves, and he swung his body forward to allow his head to come forward and bite the guy. 2) A zombie bit the belly piercing off a woman and the blood rush through her belly button. That was relatively realistic to me, so I cringed.

Moreover, most of the victims who got chewed on or got chunks of their flesh bitten off just screamed and screamed. And screamed. I mean, I would have yelled bloody murder and my face will scrunch up and contort in pain n'all!

Bah, nvm, don't think I should add anymore spoilers since I've revealed enough. Time to get to bed. G'night.


Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment.

-Dag Hammarskjöld

No comments: