Monday, January 02, 2006

Some ramblings.

Hey, no hangover!

I have not received the photos from my friend that we took on NYE(not that there was alot, since I did not bring my digicam along) yet, so I'll just talk about other stuff for now.

I'm not sure if it's because of the new year, but my inner muse is being all melancholy and contemplative right now.

Have you ever questioned why you exist? As in took a look at yourself and pondered how it is possible?

We all walk, talk, eat, breathe and sleep. But so do the billions of people all over the world. We all possess bodies that we didn't create ourselves, but are completely capable of controlling it and taking advantage of what our bodies are able to do.

Have you ever realised that we are the lucky ones? Knowing that you have this body and what you can do?

What bewilders me is, why do most people still decide to slack off and do nothing with it?

It's common knowledge that we all have a mind of our own, ability of motion, and to a certain extent, power. Yet most just push it back to nether regions and do nothing much with their lives.

Do you really want to lie on your deathbed decades later and think, "Fuck, if only I did this and that in the past."

I don't.

It's been approximately 8 years since I decided I am capable of making decisions of my own; That I should be the one to dictate my own life.

I wasted 6 of the years; It started its irrevocable path ever since I allowed my mother to reign over me completely.

I don't believe in the existance of God, but I believe that there's kismet that placed us on this earth, and gave us intelligence, the ability to move, communicate and make decisions, while other living things aren't that fortunate.

I am one of those people who wasted away their precious time; Spending 2 decades in this world, and I've accomplished nothing. To be specific, I've accomplished none of the things that I really want, or will be really proud of.

Today is one of those days I'm grateful for the capacity of my power - The power to change my life and influence those around me.

I will be happy. I will be. I will fulfill what brings joy to me or what I want in my life, and be unswayed by society or what people think.

This has nothing to do with religion or the God-shit people sprout. This is my will, my determination. I will look back at the end of 2006, and be satisfied.

That is my new year resolution.



"You don't write because you want to say something; you write because you've got something to say."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: