Sunday, November 20, 2005

Spoilers ahoy!

Just came back from watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I was really excited when we sat down in the theatre, because we were a little late as we got caught up with the purchases at Giordano. Got the 3/4 Capri jeans I wanted. :D

So anyway, since it'd only screened yesterday, I'll not divulge too much info(even though I'm not sure if anyone reads my blog anymore), but let's just say I haven't the foggiest idea why the villian was so obvious in the story.

Still, I loved all the British talk, it was bloody briliant lol, the dragon bit was awesome, and seeing Hermone seemingly liking both Ron and Harry was interesting to say the least. Well, at least that's what I thought. I haven't got the time to borrow and read the Harry Potter books from my nieces.

What boggled me was that Harry saw Luis as the follower of the Dark Lord, and still, he was apparently not apprehended since Dracoy was at the sermon thingy for Cedrick.

Nonetheless, the show's wonderful. Can't wait till Narnda and King Kong to screen, and my quota for yearly movies watching will be completed :D.

Now I simply hope my pay day will come soon, since I spent $100 today on the jeans, 10 PEZ dispensers(hehe), accessories, comics, magazines, and everything else :P. The future of my driving lessons fund is looking bleak.

(The following entry has been edited in consideration for my Christian friends.)
Anyway, Mel got pestered chatted up by a couple of Christians before the movie, talking about some Christmas gospel thing they were going to hold. I merely snorted and went off to Kinokuniya, leaving Mel to his own devices. *Evil grin*

They should be happy they didn't talk to me. Sure, if they met Jeremy, it'll had been worse. He'll prolly tell them he's a Satanist or something lol.

Let's just say I had a Christian guy who knocked on my door once upon a time, and apparently it spurred my interest to read a Bible. And no, before you ask me, I have no idea what edition or whatever it was. I just knew it was a Bible.

So yea, as I was saying, the reading of the Bible(which was quite a bit, mind you) totally broke me off from the idea of converting. Ironic, huh? To me, Jesus is full of himself, that or the people who wrote the Bible were a lil overzealous someone I don't think I would want to follow.

No offence to the Christians out there; I find most Christians very nice people to be friends with, as long as they're not prattling about their religion all the time. My favourite colleague from work, Alice, is a Christian as well.

It's just that I hate the fact that some of them will nicely urge you to embrace the Lord. I believe in religion freedom, so I hate it when they go on and on even when you tell them right off the bat, that you are not interested in converting.

I mean, I'm not Anti-Christ or any shit like that, tho I did fancied myself as one, back in the days. I'm not even a devoted Buddhist; I bring beef home to eat(Shame, shame, shame on me, I know.). Who knows, 1 year, 5 years, or 10 years down the road, you might see me celebrating Hanukkah or saying "Hail Mary"s.

I just don't like people who come into my face and tell me that I'm a sinner from birth, since births come from the act of sexual intercourse, when Buddhism believes in Ren Zhi Chu, Xing Ben Shan.

I also dislike the idea of people slapping onto me that my own God basically don't exist, because theirs saved the world, yada yada blah blah.

Although I don't really believe every word in the Bible, some of the passage rings true. In fact, if I had not faced such uncomfortable encounters with overzealous Christians who freaked me out and pissed me off, I might have converted long ago.


Tho I think I'll prefer being a Catholic. *Shrugs*


Bah, enough religious talk. Don't wanna get sued or something. Gotta go make the best use of the rest of the night before I retire to bed. Nighty night.

No comments: