Friday, November 25, 2005

Hrumpf.

All this pissing and moaning about the death penalty sentenced to Australian drug-smuggler whatshisname is making my bloody head explode.

How dare Australia challenge Singapore's sovereign rights? We're not the only country in the world, heck, not even the only death penalty serving country in South East Asia.

Last I heard, Hong Kong is still death-penalty free. Why not go there if the law-breaker did not want to die, when he smuggled close to 260 doses of heroin that may claim a hundred lives in a case of OD?

There's always the risk of getting caught up by the law when you commit a crime as heinous as this. The thought that one would think he could be spared somehow, made me shake my head and laughed the hell out.

Sure, if I had to commit a crime because I owe loansharks money(even tho THAT is also my own fault), and I end up getting a death penalty for it, which is much more worst than fessing up to the cops about the loansharks, I'll look for any ways possible to weasel my way out of it. It's only human nature.

But laws are not to be ignored. If we show leniency towards this case, who's to say Singapore won't have more and more drug smugglers coming in thru transit, or selling them in Singapore?

Singaporeans will fall to harm then, and sooner or later, we'll blame it all on Australia, who subtly used trade sanctions and PR relations to get their citizen off the hook.

All it'll take is just 1 case of leniency, and we'll be set for our downfall. I may be exaggerating, but it's a very high possibility.

I just really, really hope the Singapore government will say, "To hell to what they want!" and carry out the case as our laws justified.


I'm not even going to comment about Dr Chee-Bye(you know who). Lol.

No comments: