Monday, October 04, 2004

Haiz...

Haiz.. I don't know. I really don't know. Was I, AM I, over-sensitive? Some typical guys might say I am, but I'm sure all/most girls, and even some guys, will agree that I wasn't.

Remember my previous posts that my birthday is gonna be a lousy 1? It is. Because of Vincent's uncertainty, I was forced to change my celebration at ChinaBlack to Ktv @ Shenton. I had only a total of 6 people who were going.

When we reached there, we called Yicai (he said he's coming) and he told us that he's with sperm, hock and bong. He told us to add another 12 people to the list of people coming, and I was actually quite happy about it.

So yea, we were singing, drinking, playing cards, playing 5; 10, joking around and chatting, and I thought, 'hey, maybe this isn't that bad after all.' Being the host, I decided to order a few jugs of beer and food for them in return for their attendance, and extended the room for another 1 hour.

Thing was, Mel and I had concluded that being guys, and comparing with past events, the guys will churn up their own share for the Ktv... I most prolly have to pay for the girls only. Besides, it wasn't as costly as most of their celebrations, so I thought the bill wasn't gonna be paid by me and solely me alone.

Then came the bill at 2.15am. Fucking $225.80... I've never spent this much at a Ktv before. John took the bill and passed it to me, and there was a unrecognisable expression on his face (FYI I think he's the richest person amongst us) and Hock DID ask how much the bill was, and slowly took out his handphone for the calculator... It sinked in that nobody wanted to pay the bill, or rather, share the bill. Some gave wide-eyed expressions when they heard how much it was. I waved at Hock and whipped out my wallet, paid the bill, and put what was left of my almost empty wallet back into my bag.

They came with no presents. Only Kailing was so nice to give me a surprise and got me a cake without letting me know (we already got a cake but Mel didn't 'bring it along'. Oh anyway his mum ate my cake my accident today, so I don't really have a birthday cake for today ha)

I was so emotionally shag from paying... I was already rather drunk and tired ( I had only 1 1/2 hours of sleep, remember?) that I had no mood to sing anymore... I believe anyone with eyes know that the bill was too much for me, but they all just ignored it.

When they went to have supper later, I went to the car and sleep. I didn't want to spend anymore money. I thought as I rested, that maybe they will like, talk to Mel and say, 'hey I think we should pay Jenx abit la... the bill is too expensive.'

No. They didn't. I mean, some of you might be thinking now, 'Wtf... Why so lame? If you want to invite people to your celebration, you have to pay.'

True enough, for some points. But I'm a girl. Out of the extra 7 people who turned up, 5 were the ones who said 'I don't know leh... Like not much people going.. If nobody go, I not going hor' blah blah blah and made me change my celebration into something I didn't want. I wanted so so much to celebrate at ChinaBlack.

I blamed it all on Vincent at 1st... But Mel told me just now that it happened to be his mum's birthday too, and he came to my bday celebration instead and quarrelled(?) with his mum. I don't know, I've never gotten his own side of the story. Anyway, for that, it was kinda my fault.. I didn't know his difficulty and 'stressed' him into coming. No wonder he'd given me a black face when he just reached. Sigh. If only he told me that he couldn't come b/c its his mum's birthday; I wouldn't blame him or w/e, and will be able to confirm my celebration earlier. I didn't even msg ZZ or think about him yesterday, since he has his reasons not to come.

Still, I know all this will turn me crazy or really against them all now, and I should stop thinking about yesterday but... I can't. It angers me so much, I simply can't. I can choose to stop talking about this now in the blog, but I won't be able to forget it. I had fun yesterday... I admit I did. But I did another thing too - I've finally seen thru what kind of people these friends are.

Therefore, the simple sum derived from MasterCard:

Cost of Birthday Celebration: SGD$225.80
Realising the true selves of your friends?
Priceless.

No comments: