Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Man vs Woman

I've been chatting on this thread in WLYN when the topic suddenly veered to men's choice of wives and their nationalities.

Ever the competitor, I jumped right into the fray and pitched in my two-pence point of view.

Hence the small debate war begun.

This poor chap was whining over how women are getting so picky over looks and/or materialistic, and generally being feminist. Another tried to poke at my stand by asking if I would ask a man to carry my handbag 0_o.

Most of them were neutral about Man vs Woman, but now most of the neutral ones have bowed out and thus left only those who revered the ancient times where Man were overlords and women but toys and additions to harems. *Sigh*


My latest reply went like this:



It seems that the rising amount of 'rebel cases' where girls are picking
guys instead, have overshadowed the truth that there are still more percentage
of men who are picky over their partner of the opposite sex as compared to the
women.

One guy from the minority rallies, and all the other poor buggers come
marching in. Still doesn't take away the fact that it was the guys who did this
alpha omega, I am Man hear me roar thing since the beginning lol. Courtship is
after all the oldest dance ever existed and its the survival of the fittest.

We women are just following suit.

I am Woman hear me roar!!!


Well its true, isn't it? All I can say is, its the era of survival of the fittest, and men will just have to get used to the fact that women are finally catching up.

Also, you'll have to obey the natural order of things - If you are not very pleasant looking, please do not expect a drop-dead gorgeous person of the opposite sex to give you the time of the day with your pathetic attempt to get into their pants or skirts. I don't just sashay my way up to a hunk or real cutie and chat them up, expecting them to fall at my feet, you know. I don't chat them up, period.

Of course, when it comes to affairs of the heart, women are still at an disadvantage, sadly. Once their hearts have been captured... All reasonings will be shown the door, repercussions be damned.


“Once my heart was captured, reason was shown the door, deliberately and with a sort of frantic joy. I accepted everything, I believed everything, without struggle, without suffering, without regret, without false shame. How can one blush for what one adores?” - George Sand

No comments: