Thursday, August 14, 2008

Extension of probation till September 14, 2008

"Dear Jennifer,

This is to inform you that your probation period is extended to September 14, 2008.

We trust you will put in your utmost efforts to improve and develop the areas of converns as highlighted by your immediate supervisor and further strengthen the team in your best capacity during this extended period.


Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of
xxx "


Sigh. For the first time ever in my life, my capability has been casted in doubt. I almost felt insulted if not for the fact that I saw it coming.

My manager informed me that they do want me on the team and to stay in the company, but they are extending my probation by a month as a formality and they believe that I'll be able to work on and improve the issues that were highlighted to me.

I've met some really good colleagues here; our lunchs and dinners filled with practically inexhaustible gossip on our you-know-who, and I'm not directly in the crossfire shall any office politics arise('cos hey, just a lil office girl here), but it sucks that you get shit for your executive's incompetence.

Passing on information to me that is practically impossible for me to verify its accuracy, yet blaming me for the aftermath. Chuckling away her obvious overlooks and whining out loud infront of our manager at my mistakes.

I have one seriously emo executive that I have no idea how to handle. Just when I thought I've seen it all...

Should I go back into my old line; Customer service? I'm being paid really well despite my qualifications and little-to-none experience in this field, but being in the operations side, I can't foresee my next course of 'elevation' unless its a few years down the road and my exec so happens to resign. Being back in my old line would it would at least give me a sense of satisfaction that my current job will never endow, and a chance to move up the corporate ladder.

Decisions, decisions...


Update on 08/09/08: Huh. So my exec DID resign. They're even freezing the headcount at the moment, so I do have every chance to be promoted given time, but its too soon... I'm not even sure of my confirmation, or even if I'm staying. Argh.

No comments: