Sunday, October 09, 2005

Thank gawd.

The bugs in the posting a few days ago got on my nerves so I hadn't blogged since, even tho I did have quite a bit of things to talk about.

Went shopping for figurines at China Square last Saturday with Mel... As usual, there was no BtVS stuff for me, but I did get a Venom figurine for him and 6 PEZ dispensers for myself xD.

Deciding to keep the cost low, he treated me to Sushi Tei as my birthday dinner and we watched The Myth later at Cineleisure with our friends.

Yes, I know. Boring. But I wasn't in the mood for a big celebration as we quarreled earlier that day, and he nearly broke up with me the day before.

Anyhoo, I thought I would be able to be perked up on the 2nd, what with going to Escape with my god-bro and friends. I even got up early as they wanted and reached Pasir Ris at 11.30.

It turned out that only my god-bro arrived and after his treat of yummy Swensen's ice cream meal (4 sundaes, mind you! We almost couldn't keep them down.) and waiting for like, 1hour+, did the first couple arrived at 2.15pm.

Yes... The earliest arrival was late by 3hours. Some were still at home.

I was upset, definitely, but I didn't want to show it to Alan since he helped me plan and waited along with me. I was actually forced onto the cab by him because he feels that I should go have fun with my boyfriend since the friends were so "buay steady".

It wasn't so funny when after reaching my bf's house, I received a call from Alan that they have all met up and some of them wanted to make it up to me by going to the Kbox at AMK. Begrudgingly, I went and we sang from 8.30-11.30pm.

Frankly, if not for my god-bro, I don't think I would want to go. I'd rather spend some quality quiet time by myself and enjoy my birthday in peaceful solance.

Maybe I shouldn't have told Vincent that I wasn't celebrating my birthday and jio them for a tour around Singapore in our cars. It might have been fun with all the ideas they have.

All in all, my 20th birthday celebration was boring still rather alright.

Moving on to newer and happier subjects, I've found a job.

Yes, A JOB!!!11!!!1!!ONEONE!!1! *Throws confetti*

Yup, sure is time. Now I'm working at SIM(Singapore Institute of Management?) as an admin or sorts. Not sure. Just an office job in the exams department. Their Psychology and English courses certainly look interesting, but I'm getting VERY sick of the photocopier machine.

Thank gawd for the $7/hour and the 1.5x OT pay after 5.30pm. Not bad for a temp job. MUCH better than the one at LTA, though the workload at LTA is easy peasy compared to SIM.

Let's just hope what was told to me over the phone was true and the contract wouldn't come out otherwise.

Well, then. Time to surf the Net for a bit more and retire to bed.


Launching in

5

4

3

2

1


Houston, we have lift off. Jennifer Lim's boring life has officially launched into orbit.

No comments: