Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bloody hell...

My day was bad rotten. It still is. I typed out a whole chunk of blog just now and it disappeared because I lost my connection. :(~

After a tiring and lousy day at the office, I decided to take the free bus all the way to it's final stop, Far East Plaza so I could go buy the Spiderman vs Venom figurine my boyfriend wanted.

Yep, it's rather darn far from Cineleisure but I had time, so I trodded on.

10 minutes and 2 cigarettes later, I finally reached Cine before I realised I'd forgot where the shop was. I went up to the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th floor repeatedly like a fool before I found it on the 4th lol.

I strolled purposefully towards the Cineshop, and asked to buy the figurine. Man, I got that girl surprised, seeing another girl walk in and asking to buy a $350 figurine within 10seconds. She was all "wow" and "whew" and almost dropped the statue when she took it out of the cabinet -.-

Somehow, they did not think of getting big plastic bags ready for the customers who might buy their displays in big-assed boxes. I mean, whatever do you price them for then?

I wasted 30minutes standing like a bloody overgrown child waiting to buy her Christmas present and they got me a lousy TRANSPARENT PLASTIC BAG! It's the giant version of the clear bags you use for candies, ya know?

All for this thing that costs me 1/3 of my monthly pay =( :


Thank goodness the money ain't mine.

So anyway, the bag naturally has no holes for me to grab through, so they spent another 15minutes searching for ROPES. Sodding gits.

The girl and manager finally returned with some pink raffle rope, and those tiny plasticy clear string and started to tie my box up. I could only stare in horror as they tied it into a cake like thing and even used the raffles to make 2 "handles" for me to hold on to.

What the hell.

They obviously won't hold; I didn't know what the manager was thinking about, so I decided to hail a cab home. When I'd eventually struggled to B1 through the crowd, the freaking ATM machines would only dispense $50 notes. (Yes, I'm poor, whatever do you want?!)

Blardy hell!!!

Pissed off, I headed straight for Somerset MRT station without thinking of finding another ATM machine.

People kept staring at me while I grunted, sweated, staggered and carried the box in both hands while struggling to keep my bag on my shoulder. Looked like a bloody fool was what I did =(.

On the escalator down to the station, some skaterboy/punk wannabes snickered at me, whispering that I couldn't afford a proper carrier.

I almost snarled at them, wanted to rip them apart with claws if I had em, but on deciding that they were just jealous they couldn't afford a Marvel collectible while a girly girl could, and that I am a self-sufficient woman of substance, I ignored them.

When the torturous journey was coming to an end, I heaved a sigh of relief, thinking that my bad luck is over for the night.

But no no, whoever the Powers That Be are, they thought I deserved more.

The ropes freaking SNAPPED!

ROAR!!!!!!!!

I almost screamed out in protest and I bet the heavens were laughing. Bastards Meanies. They sure have a wry sense of humor.


*Takes a look at the box with heavy eyes and shakes her head* Sigh. Whatever possessed me to collect it today? Must be bugs.

Oh well. I'ma go surf the Net and make use of my practically non-existent free time. Will show you my story of "A Glimpse of a day into Batman's life" soon. ;)


"'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee

Take all myself."

No comments: