Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson is dead.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK!

Michael Jackson passed away from a cardiac attack.



I still remember the days when I was still in primary school, proud to tote around my Sony Walkman with those big ass headphones, ala the way we would show off our pagers to people before modern mobile phones were even a reality.

I still remember the 3 tapes I would listen to almost religiously - One Chang and Aska tape which belonged to my brother, and 2 Michael Jackson cassette tapes, Dangerous and Bad. I would be rewinding the tapes over and over and over and over...

Then when LD(laser discs) rolled around a few years later, I got 2 of his concerts and world tour LDs, one of which was History, and the other one, Dangerous, again. I can't recall the amount of times I have spent sitting right infront of the TV, singing along, and even crying over some of his music videos.

Next, when computers rolled along and I got my 2nd PC which actually had a Windows system, the first few videos I'd downloaded via dial-up, were Ghost and Thriller.


Throughout the years even when he was plagued by his skin disease and got thoroughly dissected by the media, I've never failed to proudly declare that I love Michael Jackson. And now... Now he's gone. A couple of months shy of his 51st. Sigh...


Rest in peace Michael... You'll forever be remembered as the king in my heart.





Still a lil shellshocked after hearing the news on the radio during my cab ride to work this morning. :(


Michael Jackson, King of Pop. August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009.

No comments: