Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Smoking ban in clubs...

Author's side note: I'm going for a beauty class - 美容营养班 - after work today, for a consecutive 6 weeks every Wednesday.

$175 for 6 classes. It's not something I've very excited about, but at least my friends are there. I suppose it'll be a good way to pass my time and learn a little something something.

Next up, dance classes...



When I was at MOS last Saturday aka 30th June 2007, it was already 1.15am, which was officially 1st July 2007.

There were still smokers in non-smokers area, but I credited it to the fact that the ban had only started an hour ago.


When we got to Cafe Delmoar at 8am that morning (yes, I've finally went there, though not with XXX as I originally thought I would), the place was deserted and we were out by the jacuzzi in the open air, when we got stopped from smoking.


Waiter: I'm sorry, according to the law, I will need you to smoke over there *points to 'smoking area' 10 feet infront of us*.


Bloody hell. I'll have you know that smokers have rights too! What the hell is wrong with smoking in the open air when there's NO customers within a mile's radius? Take some, give some!

The government had even raised the tax for cigarettes again after implementing the ban. They just want to corner us 'till we fall off the cliff innit?

Next, they'll probably ban us from smoking in our own cars while on the road, dictating it as a deadly road hazard or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised.


Sigh... I wonder what will it be like when I go over to MOS tonight.


Skylounge, a non-smokers' area. Psyeah, righttt...


*I like the way a zhng-ed up Evo 9 feels on an empty road... ptiu ptiu ptiu~*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I fully agree with you. I mean this is so annoying. But I have found a solution called electronic cigarettes which arm me to smoke in NO SMOKING zones too. I use electronic cigarette from anycigarette.com.