Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A new year.

T minus 3 hours to an entirely new year.

I did something out of character by cracking open my bottle of vodka and starting early with the festivities. Don't get me wrong; You know I drink like a fish, but when in the warm cocoon of my own room, I usually prefer to crack open a bottle of beer or indulge in a glass or two of red wine from my collection instead.

I guess the last day of every year is almost a mandatory moment for you to reminisce about what's happened in the past 364 days, and what lies ahead in the coming 365 days, but as I stood in the kitchen sipping my little cocktail 5 minutes ago, I pursed my lips and came up with nothing.

Maybe I've gotten lazy and refused to think, but I do know this - Life is not for indulging too long a time in contemplating... Life is not bliss, life is just this.


I know what I want. I know what I must do to get what I want. I remember all the fucked up shit that have happened to me in the past year, so DAMN if I allow them to happen again.

No pompous resolutions with illusion of grandeur this year, no bullshit, no promises that prolly couldn't be realised - It all sounds a little self-indulgent,  self-derogatory, debased, but I suppose this is what Jennifer Lim has evolved into. :)


No excuses.

No apologies.

No regrets.


Happy 2009 matey, yo ho~!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Jasmine Lee. If i am not wrong, we used to be classmates from class 6AA from Hong Dao Primary Sch. Please pardon my rudeness in leaving a message here if i get the wrong person. Anyway, i can be contacted at jessy.mint@gmail if i did get the right person. Thanks amd Happy New Year~

Koyuki.JenxGeR said...

OMG! Jasmine. I remember u... Our pretty classmate from taiwan :) I'm surprised you found me on my blog.

Anyway Happy new year too! Will email u soon.

Anonymous said...

OMG! ITS REALLY YOU!!! took me so long to look for you.. haha and online!! LOL Happy New Year~!!!