Saturday, April 02, 2005

SLEEPY!

Man... It's only 11.40pm now. I got tired since 10pm+! -_-"

Anyway, as you can see from my previous entry, I've finally gotten a job! Not the best kind there is, if I wanna name out the bad points of it, I'll prolly go into a temper, but I guess it'll do, lol.

I'm working at LTA (that's your gov. sector Land Transports Authority for you) but it isn't a biggie position. Fancy designation, Service Support Officer, but my job scope is more like OA, office assistant or an Admin Assist.

Sure, I handle green forms, car insurance and some COE calculation etc, but I also need to do Ad Hoc stuff, things the "colleagues" who work there ask me to do. The reason why I put " " is because I'm purely referred to as a temp. staff. Even when I'm on a 1 year contract.

Pretty basic job scope tho. Pick up faxes, print stuff, check documents etc. It's more boring than tiring. What's tiring is waking up 7am in the morning. *Yawns~*

Other than that, the job basically sucks. The pay, ugh, $5/hr, not a monthly basis one, so go figure. I get SOO little per month, I'd rather go back to MacDonald's. A full time 6days week sales job without CPF might get me about TWICE the pay I'll be getting for this job. Moreover, I am entitled to, well, NO benefits what so ever, meaning no 7-14 days of leave in a year, not alternate Saturdays work week aka FULL 5.5days week.

It's all because of my agent. She seems so nice and bubbly, I let her mislead me. She missed out all the bad things that I should know and keep answering my doubts quickly (but unclearly) so I give up asking after asking repeatedly for the 2nd - 3rd time. The contract she made me sign said that I only have to work alt Saturdays, and start at 8.30am on Saturdays instead of 8, etc etc.

I guess I'll have to make do with it for awhile. I'll at least have that 1 year experience I need for other Admin Assist. etc's jobs for the future. Government jobs = low pay, stable career.

Life... *Sigh*

No comments: