Saturday, October 10, 2015

A week on, after my 30th.

Didn't want to say this on my Facebook, and couldn't tell my "friends", lest they think I'm being emo and self-absorbed again - but my own brother and sister did not even wish me a happy birthday.

I'm not saying presents or ang bao or whatnot; literally not a single text or FB post or telling me in person, "Happy birthday". Even my mother, whom in recent years I've came to realise that I can't really trust, at the very least gave me a red packet(which I promptly had to return back in the form of her allowance) and cooked me some instant mee sua noodles for my birthday.

Seriously. Not a peep. Given my abusive childhood and emotionless familial interactions, I am honestly a little perplexed how I did not turn out into a freak or psychotic serial killer growing up in this household.

No comments: