Monday, March 16, 2009

It's the end of the world as I know it.

There was a shift in seating placements for the IMO department next to my colleagues, leaving about 4-5 desks free.

While most of the desks' locations are still alright, with one particularly succilent one tucked in the corner, there is also one that is directly infront of my manager - Also the nearest available one to our boss - where the ex-executive assistant used to sit.

Seeing that I'm not exactly in my manager and boss' favour, it goes to say that I won't be getting the little corner of heaven. I'm just feverently hoping against odds that I won't genna the 'hot' seat. I am even hoping that they are thinking of employing another executive assistant when the headcount freeze is over, so that they will leave that workstation open.

Sitting in that area would already be a terror in itself - Though I haven't been late in the recent months, every minute past 0900hours that I slip in into the office, and every minute of me doing absolutely nothing because there's no work to be done, will be noticed.

I can't surf the Net because Tiffany took away the privacy screen that was on the console(it costs about $170+ per piece, so ordering a new one won't go unnoticed), and frankly, sitting near your bosses will never amount to any good. (Right now I'm seated allllll the way at the other side of the office diagon-)

Just got back to my desk. Some bloody colleague whose brains aren't working today, decided it was fun to fucking joke around with me when I directed her to the bigger utility room in our office, but she kept on going into the other utility room which was not even half the size. "是那个有很多打印机的那个吗?Is it the room with alot of printers?" FUCK. She is China-Chinese and she looked smart, but I guess I was wrong. UTILITY ROOMS ARE ALL FILLED WITH PRINTERS. Which part of bigger utility room don't you get YOU FUCKING DUMBSHIT?! Made me walked all the way there, guided her every fucking step of the way and opened the cabinet with the calculators for her like she was a fucking baby, as if she haven't been in the company for so much longer than I did.

FUCK.

To say I'm in a pissy mood today is an understatement. Months back, I went on a job hunt, because I was sick of having to see the mug of Office Admin.'s manager - I still am. However, I have learnt to more or less tolerate it.

A couple of months back, I was worried that I would get retrenched, so I resumed my job hunt.
I have thus laxed on the job hunt ever since the retrenchment exercise is over, but I was demoralised when I heard that I won't be getting any fucking bonus for 2008. JUST ME. Bloody fuckin' piece of shit.

If I DO get seated at the one fucking workstation I HATE, I am getting out of this shithole by the end of the 2nd quarter - With or without another fuckin' job.

No comments: